MAKE A LIST
Write everything down! You'll thank yourself later. Before you pack even one box, create a simple record-keeping system. Create a list of numbers with a space to write the contents, or have a spiral-bound notebook or tablet for the job. Place a number on EVERY box you pack and list the contents on your list. Don't put the list down unless it's in a place you'll call "Packing Central". This is where you'll find your labels, marking pens, box tape, and other supplies.When describing the box contents, be specific: "A-D files" is better than "files", and use "tulip dishes" rather than "misc. kitchen". best moving companies
HAVE PLENTY SUPPLIES
You'll need A LOT of boxes, probably more than you think, and having enough boxes will make your life easier! Have about 10 boxes set aside to use for last minute items on moving day, such as bedding, clothing, and cleaning supplies.You'll also need strong plastic packing tape to close up the boxes securely. Use unprinted newsprint (newspaper can stain your items) or packing paper or bubble wrap to protect and cushion household goods. Again, you'll probably need more supplies than you think, so get extra to ensure packing goes smoothly. best moving companies
KEEP THINGS TOGETHER
Insist on keeping things together when you or the movers are packing boxes. Keep bookends with books, light bulbs with lamps, and extension cords with appliances. Small, loose parts can be attached to the item they belong to with tape or placed in small envelopes - to keep picture hooks with pictures, shelf brackets with a bookcase, a special wrench and bolts with the wall unit.Keep larger corresponding items (such as a cable TV cord) in re-sealable bags, and tape these to the underside or back of the item. best moving companies
CALL to check availability 1-877-992-4766
Ask about Three Men and a Truck if Needed.
- Wrap fragile articles using two layers of unprinted newspaper for each glass, dish, figurine, etc. Wrap firmly but loosely enough to provide a cushioning effect.
- Don’t overcrowd boxes. Articles should cushion each other. The top of the box should close with slight pressure. Don’t mix incompatible items (like books with glasses).
- Pack lamps had es, mirrors, pictures, etc. in special cartons designed for these items. Tape boxes across tops and edges. Seal every opening tightly.
- Pack your belongings room by room to make unpacking easier. Label each box with the room the box is designated for with a brief description of the contents.
- Mark items you will require immediately, and mark delicate items "FRAGILE".
- Don’t pack paints, turpentine, pressurized cans, corrosive items like bleach or any flammable liquid. The law prohibits movers from carrying flammable items. Properly dispose of items which could cause fire or damage.
- Use unprinted newspaper or tissue paper. Newspaper ink can soil and even damage some items. Two inch plastic tape and a utility knife are recommended.
- When packing computers, use original cartons when possible. If not, use a box strong enough to hold the computer and pack it with unprinted newsprint. Do not use bubble wrap or any material that could cause static. Remove all ink cartridges from the printer.
- Ensure there is adequate parking for the moving van.
- Arrange elevator times for both your origin and your destination.
- Remove glass shelves from cabinets.
- Secure lids tightly on all liquids.
- Defrost and clean fridges and freezers prior to moving day.
- Tape open foodstuff boxes and bag them in plastic grocery bags for extra security.
- Bundle brooms, mops, skis and garden tools together for easy handling.
- Secure loose cords with garbage bag ties and take them with you.
- Take jewellery, valuable or fragile items, unwrapped floor lamps, currency, documents, collections, pets and any open cartons in your own vehicle.
- Mark all boxes and especially the "need-right-away-items" for when you arrive. Plan to eat out, or order your meal in – for the first night.
Don’t pack paints, turpentine, pressurized cans, corrosive items like bleach or any flammable liquid.
The law prohibits movers from carrying flammable items. Properly dispose of items which could cause fire or damage.
THE BEST WAY TO GET ACCURATE QUOTE
Would you like an Accurate Quote? The best way to get an Accurate Quote is to take pictures off what you have to move on your Mobile phone and send them to us.All Trucks come with blankets, bed bags, 2- 4 wheel dollies, shoulder straps, furniture slides (to protect your furniture), floor runners ( to protect your flooring) and a tool box to take apart any kind of furniture and dis/connect washer and dryer.
CHOOSE YOUR TRUCK
Late bookings special if you are moving in the next 7days. -$109 per hour for Two men and a Truck -$139 per hour for Tree men and a Truck -+ 1 Hour of Travel Time. -Any Size Truck.