REAL ESTATE MOVERS HAS FULL MOVING INSURANCE
The main purpose of us having full current moving insurance is for your peace of mind should anything major go wrong.
Real Estate Movers holds transit insurance and provides coverage in the instance of Calgary movers. Moving Insurance
- Total loss when in transit due to an unforeseen incident such as a vehicular accident, fire, auto theft or flooding.
- Major damage sustained to an item which renders it unfit for purpose or unusable if Real Estate Movers staff are at fault for the damage.
Moving Insurance coverage excludes:
- The contents held within boxes packed by the customer or any individual other than a Men That Move staff member.
- Incident were the customer was involved in the lifting or carrying off goods or furniture.
- Any cash and jewellery or any individual item in excess of $15000 value.
- Any damage to flat pack furniture that is not dissembled prior to the move as per the manufacturer’s instructions. This furniture is not designed to be moved in an assembled format.
- Paintings or Artwork that is not properly covered and or boxed ready for transit.
- Any item that has pre-existing damage or flaws that may be exacerbated by moving the item if the careful movers staff are not previously made aware of the existing issue prior to commencing the move.
- Minor cosmetic damage for property or personal items, including but not limited to; nicks scratches, dings, dents, flakes etc.
- Outside influences that cause damage to items, such as weather, poor ground conditions etc.
- Appliance Failure Internal electronics of an item, and internal mechanisms where there is no evidence of damage.
Items are not covered against theft whilst during the loading and unloading process.
In the instance of damage to any belongings, the items will be replaced at current market value. If the customer believes that the item should be replaced at an alternate value. In that case the responsibility lies with the customer to provide reasonable evidence in the form of a recent receipt or valuation of this item.
How to make a claim:
Notify of damage, destruction or loss of items within 24 hours off moving date in writing . This notification can be sent at email@example.com .Within this notification a description of the damage in question should be provided, supported by any photographs of the damage where possible. Real Estate Professionals or the moving Insurance agency reserves the right to assess the damage to the item. If needed, this will be requested to the customer and a suitable time agreed.
To establish market value, the customer needs to provide either:
- An invoice for the original purchase.
- A quote for the replacement item or repairs of the damage.
Real Estate Movers also reserves the right to seek quotations for the repair of damage. As well as replacement of the item from our preferred suppliers if necessary and replace or fix the item. In order to resolve any claims within a reasonable time, the supply of any additional information must be provided within 21 days of the original.
These are the things not covered by Real Estate Movers Insurance.
- Natural Stone or stone statues or Ceramic Pot Plants.
- Solid marble or slate furniture such as solid marble dining tables or slate in pool tables.
- Appliance failure were no evidence of external damage.
- Fish Tanks.
- If the access is sufficiently bad that damage to furniture is probable or unavoidable. In that case movers will inform you before moving these items and they will not be covered.
- We do not offer coverage for items that are poorly made or in bad condition. We do not cover IKEA or other furniture that easily falls apart.
- Items that are damaged while being carried over uneven, difficult or steep terrain may not be covered.
- Items that are requested to be moved over balconies are moved at the customer’s own risk and not covered.
With the combination of our experience in the industry and our attention to details we can offer you the safest experience!